Your June Maintenance TipTennessee is one hot and sunny state — investing in an underground irrigation system is a great way to benefit your lawn. Follow these tips to ensure maximum water and
Your June Maintenance Tip...
Tennessee is one hot and sunny state — investing in an underground irrigation system is a great way to benefit your lawn. Follow these tips to ensure maximum water and money savings:
- Set a plan by making a diagram of your yard and identifying key locations for a sprinkler system.
- Irrigation systems can be specialized to suit the needs of your lawn, so consider the type of grass and shrubbery you have. A drip system may be a better watering method for some plants than a sprinkler system.
- Water wisely and make sure there are no obstacles blocking the water’s path. Also avoid overshooting a sprinkler to prevent it from watering the sidewalk.
- Call 811 a few days before your irrigation installation to have someone assist you in locating the utilities sitting underneath your lawn. Better safe than sorry!
- Keep an eye out for signs your irrigation system isn’t working right, like dying grass or puddles of water. You may have a leaky valve, head or pipe.
- Ensure the pressure is just right to avoid bursting pipes or sprinkler heads that don’t pop up properly.