Your July Maintenance TipNeed to cool your home? Consider installing a whole house fan. Whole house fans are an alternative type of home cooling unit. They come in two main construction models: belt
Your May Maintenance Tip!
Maintaining a healthy lawn requires plenty of water and fertilizer, but you don’t have to empty your wallet to keep your lawn green. Cut your costs by:
- watering your lawn only one to two inches per week;
- keeping mower blades sharp and clean to trim grass for maximum moisture retention;
- mowing your lawn to no lower than two or three inches to reduce root exposure and water evaporation; and
- investing in a self-mulching lawn mower to allow the cuttings to fertilize the lawn.
A vibrant yard doesn’t always mean having a lawn, either. Consider replacing your grass with cost-effective alternatives, such as:
- drought-resistant plants;
- seeds or young plants, which are cheaper than buying full-grown plants;
- trees and plants native to your area to eliminate the need for extraneous watering; and
- fruit trees or a vegetable garden.